How to become a medical marijuana patient in Maryland
In order to become a medical marijuana patient, you must qualify and register with the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC).
- Visit your doctor (Maryland M.D. or D.O.) to certify that you have a qualifying condition.
- Sign up as a new patient through the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC).
- Pay the $50.00 yearly fee. You can pay MMCC online with a debit or credit card.
The MMCC should mail your patient identification card within 30 days. It will be valid for one year from the date of issuance.
Have Questions? Contact Us
Maryland Qualifying Medical Conditions
According to the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC), patients diagnosed with one of the following severe, debilitating, or life-threatening medical conditions, are afforded legal protection under the Maryland Medical Marijuana law:
A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that results in a patient being admitted into hospice or receiving palliative care; or
A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or the treatment of a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that produces: Cachexia, anorexia, wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures or persistent muscle spasms.
Medical Cannabis has been effective for Conditions and Diseases. (Always consult with your physician)
- Chemotherapy-related nausea
- AIDS HIV
- Crohn’s and other Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Long Term or Chronic Pain
- Seizures and Epilepsy
- Hepatitis C
- Mood Disorders
- Muscle Spasms and Multiple Sclerosis
- Depression, Bipolar Disorders
We have selected Indicas, Sativas and Hybrids for their ability to treat your symptoms. All medical cannabis is tested for quality.
Our Business Hours are Monday-Saturday 10 am – 7 pm, Sunday 10 am – 4pm
We are located at 14808 Physicians Lane #211, Rockville, MD 20850. We are located on the second floor of a medical suite in the Shady Grove Medical Center complex across the street from CVS Pharmacy.
Yes, patients will be protected. Click here for more info.
We do not take credit cards or personal checks at this time. Cash is accepted. We also have an ATM cash machine on site. We take CannaPay debit cards as well.
No, we do not take insurance.
Yes, wheelchair ramp and elevator on site
There is ample free parking right outside the dispensary.
Bienvenidos a Potomac Holística. Tenemos Agentes Dispensarios para servirle en español.
The cannabis plant contains more than 100 different chemicals called cannabinoids. Each one has a different effect on the body. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) are the main chemicals used in medicine.
Medical cannabis is used to treat the symptoms from different conditions, including:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Appetite Loss
- Chronic Pain
- Crohn’s Disease
- Eating Disorders such as Anorexia
- Mental Health Conditions like Schizophrenia and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle Spasms
- Nausea and Vomiting from Pain
- Wasting Syndrome (Cachexia)
Cannabinoids, the active chemicals in medical cannabis, are similar to chemicals the body makes that are involved in appetite, memory, movement, and pain. Research suggests cannabinoids might:
- Reduce anxiety
- Reduce inflammation and relieve pain
- Control nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy
- Kill cancer cells and slow tumor growth
- Relax tight muscles in people with MS
- Stimulate appetite and improve weight gain in people with cancer and AIDS
To take medical cannabis, patients:
- Smoke it
- Inhale it through a device called a vaporizer that turns it into a mist
- Eat it, for example, in a brownie or lollipop. (Edibles have not yet been approved in Maryland. We intend to sell to qualifying patients cannabis tinctures with recipes to supplement at home food preparations.)
- Apply it to your skin in a lotion, spray, oil, or cream
- Place a few drops of a liquid under your tongue